We’ve asked you to fight, and you’ve been rising to the challenge. You’ve been jumping out of planes, cooking chili, and riding your bikes across the country. Because Canada has the highest rate of MS in the world, and you’ve chosen not to accept this as a reality that has to last forever.
Every May, we speed up the momentum on raising awareness for MS. May is MS Awareness Month, and it’s a chance for us to step up our fight and do more for our fellow Canadians who are affected by MS.
Here’s our MS Awareness Month top 5:
1. Get Canadian. Real Canadian. Mark your calendars, because on May 14 we’ll be asking you to put your poutine where your mouth is in the fight to end MS by taking one of our top secret pledges, donating to the cause and challenging others to take up the fight. July 1 we’ll announce the results, and give a shout out to the most Canadian Canadian.
2. Join an MS Walk. May is peak MS Walk time in Canada, which means thousands of Canadians are gathering across the country for the same reason: ending MS.
3. Get an oil change at Mr. Lube between May 8-10, and $2 will benefit Canadians living with MS. Your mother will thank you for staying safe on the road (don’t forget, it’s Mother’s Day on May 10!).
4. Participate in our MS Research Town Hall, hosted by CBC Quirks and Quarks host Bob McDonald, on Wednesday, May 27 – World MS Day. You’ll learn about stem cells and MS and other groundbreaking research that’s happening right now.
5. Share your experiences! If you’re participating in any of the above, tell your friends and ask them to join you.
Thank you for choosing to fight MS.